PDA

View Full Version : I'll be right back, honey. Just goin' to get a new tool

Andy Hoyt
12-28-2008, 3:55 PM
So, I've always thought that John Bailey (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=3550) was a bit "touched".

I mean after all, who else would decide to build a 23' sea kayak in a 20' shop, right? And now we have more proof.

I learned that John needed a radial arm saw with a specific capacity for a specific job. And he found it just over the state line - a bit.

Here he is this morning getting it ready to take home.

So where's this proof, of which he speaks, you ask?

V'oila'! Just add 1100 miles and it's instant Creeker Visit. :D

We spent the morning with John showing me how to get plane irons wicked scary sharp. And he then demonstrated Michigander floor sweeping techniques. Then, after I showed him how to serve ice cream and doughnuts, he showed me how to re-align my jointer beds and swap out the knives. A bit later on, I demo'd the consumption of ice cream and doughnuts; and he countered with showing me how to wax the inside of my DC ducting. I then decided I'd better showcase some of my woodworking skills, so we headed over to the pencil sharpener where I "done learned him good".

Come back soon, John. My bandsaw's acting up.

Glenn Clabo
12-28-2008, 4:17 PM
Something sure looks odd...are you sure you two aren't related?

Poor John...he'll never recover from the Hoyt House visit. As I've learned the hard way...it's an experience that drugs and hammer hits to the head won't fix.

(Looks like youse guys had some fun...Creeker visits are a good thing.)

Bruce Page
12-28-2008, 4:33 PM
Something sure looks odd...are you sure you two aren't related?

Poor John...he'll never recover from the Hoyt House visit. As I've learned the hard way...it's an experience that drugs and hammer hits to the head won't fix.

(Looks like youse guys had some fun...Creeker visits are a good thing.)

Change Andy’s hair color and it’d be like Deju-Voo all over again!
Looks like you two had fun.

Andy, we need to see some of your scale work again!

Jim Becker
12-28-2008, 4:43 PM
Poor John...he'll never recover from the Hoyt House visit.

The only recovery needed is dealing with the weight gain from the delicious ice cream with maple syrup that Andy Likes to serve guests... :D :D :D

John and Andy...looks like you had a fine time!!!!

Gary Herrmann
12-28-2008, 7:44 PM
Dang Andy, you could have at least turned the poor guy an ice cream bowl...

John Bailey
12-28-2008, 7:44 PM
We spent the morning with John showing me how to get plane irons wicked scary sharp. And he then demonstrated Michigander floor sweeping techniques. Then, after I showed him how to serve ice cream and doughnuts, he showed me how to re-align my jointer beds and swap out the knives. A bit later on, I demo'd the consumption of ice cream and doughnuts; and he countered with showing me how to wax the inside of my DC ducting. I then decided I'd better showcase some of my woodworking skills, so we headed over to the pencil sharpener where I "done learned him good".

Come back soon, John. My bandsaw's acting up.

Well now, let's get the story straight. It's true, being the good guy that I am, I did all that work in Andy's shop for him. Someone had to and he apparently is a little challenged in that area. But in addition, I cleaned his bathroom, bought him lunch, and cooked him some candied orange peels and let my dog (Bhakti the wonder dog) baby sit his two dogs. I also had to unwrap my good ole new DeWalt GWI radial arm saw to explain to Andy what a real saw was.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/JohnBailey_01/Itsrighthere.jpg

"Andy, it's here, right here. Focus Andy, focus.."

At one point I got pretty frustration with the attire I was required to wear to be in Andy's shop. I started to bonk him with some little bonker that had something written about Idaho on it and he brought out this monster bonker and had me subdued.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/JohnBailey_01/Bonkerswithbonkers.jpg

"Of Chinamen and Vikings"

Of course, Andy tried to sell you all on that photoshopped version he put in his post. That's a ruse.

As far as all that ice cream stuff - didn't see a lick of it. I think its all urban legend.

All I've got to say is, after visiting Andy, I now know why Benton Falls isn't on the Maine state map. I think the government calls it Area 56.5, and Andy is the .5!!:eek::eek:

John (Lost and trying to find my way home to Michigan - quickly.)

Steve Clardy
12-28-2008, 8:30 PM
ROFLOL and don't know what to think about all this :confused::D

Glenn Clabo
12-28-2008, 9:02 PM
See...I told ya everyone! He'll never be the same.

John...He made me wear tinfoil when I was in his shop.

Jim Kountz
12-28-2008, 9:22 PM
Daggone they dont have RAS there John?? LOL

Jim Dunn
12-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Andy, Andy, Andy, I hate to think that you infected John with some kinda turning bug.

Glad to see your still kicking up in the North Country.

By the way, nice hats?

Andy Hoyt
12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Don't worry, Jim. He was pretty well infected when he showed up.

And maybe someday he'll show you what we used to secure that saw in the truck bed. :eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Dang! I leave the country for 11 days and somebody let those two out of their padded rooms!:eek::rolleyes::D

I'll admit....those two are high on my list of folks I want to meet face-to-face!

I'm just a little bit envious!

Congrats!

Jim Dunn
12-29-2008, 8:26 AM
Don't worry, Jim. He was pretty well infected when he showed up.

And maybe someday he'll show you what we used to secure that saw in the truck bed. :eek:

Moxie,----------Right?

Dave Anderson NH
12-29-2008, 1:06 PM
Not much to say 'bout this visit except that there's a pair that would beat a full house.

Scott Myers
12-29-2008, 2:47 PM
I guess I am hangin' out in the right place. There ARE people as nuts as I am, perhaps more so! :eek:

John Shuk
12-29-2008, 6:09 PM
Good for you guys! Looks like a great place to visit.
I have three boys who'd love to give Andy a run for his money!

Jim Becker
12-29-2008, 9:08 PM
John....ROAD TRIP!!! Andy loves invasions... :D :D :D And he survived my two two years ago, so yours should be a piece of cake....