PDA

View Full Version : Last minute ornaments...

Tamara Brown
12-28-2008, 2:12 AM
Well, here are the latest ornaments that Brian and I put together. Of course we didn't start them until two days before Christmas.:eek: Number 8 wasn't even suppose to be an ornament...I told Brian I was frustrated that day and all I wanted to do was make sawdust...:D and I did! I have to tell you all that I don't deal well with the last minute thingy and if we don't have next years done by October...someone's gonna loose privileges to his lathe! ;) These were made out of cedar, walnut, maple branches, poplar and spalted aspen. We kept them simple because of the lack of time. Any critique and comments are always welcome.

Dewey Torres
12-28-2008, 2:18 AM
Tamera,
I don't recall too many posts from you but these are very well done.

Very nice!

Jeff Nicol
12-28-2008, 8:15 AM
Tamara, I see some shapes and styles I will use for next year! They are alll very nice! I made 30 ornaments this year and sold them all! This was the first year I really put some time in turning the mini bird houses. I already have orders for next year and one shop I sell things in wants some of the bird houses to sell all year!

Hope your Christmas was great and that the New Year brings many new and wonderful things to you and yours!

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Jeff

Greg Just
12-28-2008, 9:49 AM
Tamara:

Nice job. I like the ones with the natural edges - the are more rustic looking. Did you make the curly hooks too?

Tamara Brown
12-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Tamara:

Did you make the curly hooks too?

No, I purchased them at Target last year after Christmas...they have some really cool ornament hangers available now.

Paul Douglass
12-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice job on all of them. I'm going to make a few for family next Christmas. Well, I said that this Christmas also....

Steve Schlumpf
12-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Very cute ornaments Tamara! Love the various forms! Really like the maple branch houses! Something about the added texture from the bark! Is it possible that a birdhouse ornament can have a rustic feel to it? LOL Pretty cool work! Glad to see that you are enjoying turning!

Happy New Year!

Bernie Weishapl
12-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Great looking birdhouses Tamara. I had all mine done (35) by early November. This is not counting the ones I donated for charities and the church for drawings. Problem was they all 35 sold before Christmas so had to make more. Yep I hate being under the gun but they are so fun to make.

Jim Kountz
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice job Tamara, I am going to have to give these a try. I keep seeing people post their versions and the variations are so endless they just seem like a lot of fun to do. Thanks for posting and excellent work!!