PDA

View Full Version : found a good place to get sandpaper!

Jim Ketron
06-17-2004, 3:52 PM
Hey I think I found a good place to get sandpaper. looking online at the pen tools and I was going to buy one of the sandpaper kits 150,240,320,400 20'x1" wide rolls. I looked at the price Whoa! so I did some searching a found this site www.onlineindustrialsupply.com (http://www.onlineindustrialsupply.com/) and I got each grit for $7.49 50'x1" rolls and its aluminum oxide abrasive with cloth back. fast ship
Just passing on the deals.
Jim

Mike Leonard
06-17-2004, 5:07 PM
Jim,

Try Klingspor. I have been very happy with their sandpaper.

Joseph N. Myers
06-17-2004, 7:32 PM
Jim,

I agree with Mike on Klingspor as the place to go for sandpaper.

I realize that you probably have enough sandpaper for the pens to last a lifetime but if not, Klingspor has what they call "Bargain Box of End Rolls" which contains 20 lbs of excellent sandpaper 1/2" to 4" wide 100 grit and finer. It goes for $24.95.

I'm into regular sanding, i.e., 1/4 and 1/2 finishing sanders so I buy the 20 lb "Bargain Box" at $29.00 (coarse/medium/fine or medium/fine). A couple of boxes I had purchased contain upwards to $200 worth of sandpaper based on regular prices.

I also have a couple of belt sanders, 3x21 and 4x24 and Klingspor sells "Famous box of Belts" in different sizes in grits from 36 to 320. For $29 you get 36 belts for 3x21 and small, 30 belts for 4x24 and larger.

Most of their sandpaper comes off end-rolls that would normally get thrown away. These are made into normal sandpaper and sold. All the sandpaper in the boxes are industrial quality.

Regards, Joe

Wes Bischel
06-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Jim,
Thanks for the lead on Industrial Supply. I'll need to check them out.

I would add another vote for Klingspor's "Bargain Boxes". I purchased a regular bargain box years ago and I'm still working on it. Beautiful product, but it is in odd sizes.

Wes