PDA

View Full Version : O. T. I'm so Happy

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-14-2003, 5:07 PM
The lumber yard just called to tell me they found my car keys. Now you may not think this is any big deal but...

The Key and entry fob for a Chrysler and programming is $93 bucks. Add to that the trailer hitch is locked on my car and I was going to have to go to a locksmith.

The key to my old faithful "Pick Up" can be duplicated for 93 cents. Ah, but.... I sure do like that little button that opens my door and the one that opens my garage door.

<center>Aren't buttons wonderful? </center>

Another example of great Customer Service from my lumber yard.

Howard Barlow
03-14-2003, 5:17 PM
A little lost key ring, BIG BUCKS! BTDT. Glad you got them back.

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-14-2003, 8:55 PM
I'm glad you brought this up, Doc. We've got two new Fords. The keys and fob thingies are identical in appearance. Why are all the keys and fobs black? A color option would be nice. Maybe we shoulda bought one Ford and a Dodge...

KC

Jim Izat
03-14-2003, 9:19 PM
Great to hear it! I used the key to open the door on my pickup a couple days ago for the first time in five years. Felt weird, not to mention inconvenient. Luckily enough batteries for the things are cheap.

Jim Izat

Ken Wright
03-15-2003, 6:59 AM
Buying a Dodge wouldn't have helped. The door thingies on them are black also.

Doc ... you're very lucky to have found all that .... a lost key chain is a disaster before you even consider the expense. Got me to thinking which is worst ... a lost keychain or a lost wallet. But then I haven't carried a wallet since I lost mine in a bar in 1972 .. you know .. back before Credit cards and it was a hassle even then. And I probably shouldn't admit this on line but I rarely take the keys out of the truck ... the alligators down here haven't learned to drive and the folks are pretty honest.

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-15-2003, 7:38 AM
My last car was a Ford Crown Vic with a key pad entry. I left the key in the ignition and always locked the door. I never needed keys. I loved that car but it was beginning to look like I couldn't afford a new one. Old cars and old Pick ups are like old blue jeans. They really feel comfortible right before they start falling apart. I see the Old Crown Vic around town every now and then. The new owner has trashed it. I kinda wish I had sold it out of town.

Ron Taylor
03-17-2003, 3:34 PM
Aren't buttons wonderful? hehe

My wife called from Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. Seems the battery in her fob thingy had run down. Needed me to come over and unlock the car for her. And she ain't even blonde!!!