Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bosch Extra Clean Jigsaw Blades

New Bosch Extra Clean Jigsaw Blades

Does anyone know where I can get the new Bosch T308B jigsaw blades? Amazon says 1 to 2 months shipping. I checked my local blue & orange borgs with no success. I'd prefer a brick & mortar store, but the internet would do to. I'd really like to give these a try on the project I'm working on.
    Thanks.

Brian
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Google is your friend. How about this outfit? I know zero about them or if they have them in stock.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Yeah, I tried google the other day and they seem to be the only ones that have them. The other stores I found on google seem to be linked to amazon.com, so I'm not sure they'd have them either. I know nothing about Ohio Powertool either, but maybe I'll email them and see if they are in stock.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Blog Entries
    I don't have any experience with their new clean cut blades, but their older Bosch T234X blades cut as smooth as most table saws.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 11-21-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I got my response from Ohio Powertool: Nope. I can preorder them though.

Lee, I think I may have one of those blades and will give it a try.

I had a feeling that would be Ohio Powertool's response! I wonder how long before stores are stocked with them?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I don't have any experience with their new clean cut blades, but their older Bosch T234X blades cut as smooth as most table saws.
    Brian -

I am with Lee on this one. These cut great.

Regards,
    Ted

The progresor listed here do cut great but this new "Extra clean" blade is touted in several magazines as being the one that will cause you to throw the others out!
    I guess we will see once folks are able to buy them.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I just bought a 5-pack at lowes for $13. If I hit Lowes again this weekend I can pick you up a set. I just used them Thursday to finish cutting my through sink. Cut is perfect.
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 11-21-2008 at 1:10 PM.

10. I'm going down to Ohio (from Canada) for Thanksgiving. I ordered 3 packs (15 blades) from Ohio Tool a couple of days ago and they accepted my order and verified by email. I think I'll give them a call and find out whether there's going to be a delay in shipment.

Regards,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    I just bought a 5-pack at lowes for $13. If I hit Lowes again this weekend I can pick you up a set. I just used them Thursday to finish cutting my through sink. Cut is perfect.
    I'll have to check Lowes again. I have been known to look right at things and not see them Maybe I'll even ask someone there if they have them

Got mine at lowes. Had many, many in stock. Have yet to use them, but have had excellent results with other Bosch jigsaw blades. Not sure if this helps but good luck!

Got mine at HD. Two different sizes. Just try it on 3/4" plywood - cut very clean.

I've read about them, but haven't tried them yet. Bosch already had the "best" jigsaw blades on the market. I'll have to try the new ones out.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Well, I went to Lowes today, and they had 2 packages - one in the proper spot, one in the wrong spot. I don't know if I just missed them earlier, or they really weren't there. Could be I just overlooked the empty spots because the product numbers were in extremely tiny print.
    Anyway, I got a pack, and had a chance to try it out and compare it to the Progressor blade that Lee suggested. These new blades cut cleaner in some 3/4 walnut I had, but it wasn't what I'd call a night and day difference. I would have no problem with using either of them, but I'd have less clean-up with the Extra Clean blades. Take a look at the pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Effinger; 11-23-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: forgot to add the pictures...doh!