Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Woodworking Project

First Woodworking Project

Well I just finished my first project and have a lot of you to thank for answering my questions. This is a closet system that I designed, built, finished and installed for my wife. It was a lot of work and I learned a lot. I am happy with the results and the wife is very happy and ready to start on the next project. Let me know what you think, all comments welcome. Thanks again for all the hekp. -Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow!! Furniture quality work in a closet. Dovetails and all. No wonder your wife is pleased!

Very nice work!

Lucky wife. Nice execution!

Looks very nice! I've now done a couple of closet systems for our place, and you've done a very nice job. Wanted to ask if you had any full-length hanging space? (I usually tried to leave some for dresses/bathrobes/etc. -- works well for putting laundry hamper underneath, too)

What did you use for edging your plywood? and what drawer slides did you use?

Matt

Excellent Job!

Nice work Kevin. I really like the top shelf. It looks like you did your homework on the design. How wide did you make your face frames? The dimensions/proportions look great.

Nice work!

Very nice work!

Very nice for any project, let alone your first! Very nicely done sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Balooney, first project, no way. You've done this for years and your just spoofing us. That's the way it looks. Bravo! Sure want to see your next projects. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! You're a natural!

Great work, really well done for any skill level, let alone first project!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Hi Matt, On the far right and left there is a space for full length hanging. The rod is not inthe picture I posted though. I used Fastedge for the edging. I am very happy with the product. I used a lot of it because the drawer fronts are all edged. I used a single sheet of plywood so that the grain would match on all the units. I use Blum Tandem undermount with Blumotion for the slides.

Hi Joe, The face frames are 1 1/2" wide. I designed it on SketchUp first and then did some sample pieces to make sure everything looked good.

If this is your first project, all I can say is it's going to be a rough go of it in woodworking for you, buddy.