Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-28-2013 at 9:04 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

As a business owner we have an obligation to pay our creditors before we take a dime for ourselves - unless you have an agreement with them beforehand that gives you more time or different terms. There is nothing I hate more than a customer who is slow in paying and blames it on receivables being slow for them or business being slow. Sorry, but that's not my problem. If you couldn't pay when it was due then you should have let me know beforehand not when I call 14 days late. I have had slow times and cash flow problems but my vendors ALWAYS got paid on time, no exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.

If your in business you should make sure you do what you say. If you are selling an item for someone then it is your responsibility to get the money to that person when the item is sold not when you think you have enough money to pay them.

Access Business Solutions - Rob Bosworth purchased my laser in Sept. 2012. His wife, Diane, has been stringing me along for 9 months, making excuses for not paying me the remaining $14,000 on our original $19,000 agreement. Rob discontinued all communication with me after he took posession of my laser. After 6 months, Diane drew up a new agreement to start making monthly payments but just like our original agreement, they have not honored it. I hired a lawyer today & will be filing in civil court. Sandy Henry
    Universal PLS 6.75 75 watt
    Trotec Speedy 300 60 watt

Blog Entries
    Wow, at first I thought it was as simple as one (maybe two) failures at the end of the business. Now it's starting to look like a serious amount of money has been lost to Rob and Diane... and these are only the stories we know about.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Rob and Diane Bosworth

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Henry View Post
    Access Business Solutions - Rob Bosworth purchased my laser in Sept. 2012. His wife, Diane, has been stringing me along for 9 months, making excuses for not paying me the remaining $14,000 on our original $19,000 agreement. Rob discontinued all communication with me after he took posession of my laser. After 6 months, Diane drew up a new agreement to start making monthly payments but just like our original agreement, they have not honored it. I hired a lawyer today & will be filing in civil court. Sandy Henry
    Sandy I also have turned this over to my attorney. I think the criminal intent has been shown here. Joe Flores
    Joe F.
    Graphtec FC 2230 Plotter
    Universal X-660 Laser

If you google for "Access Business Solutions" you will get more of their clients who are complaining about them.

http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/access-bu...lutions-hudson
    http://hudson-wi.patch.com/listings/...ss-solutions-3

This is beginning to look like quite a bit of money. Seeing as they're brokering lasers, it seems like their business costs should be quite modest. So I wonder where all the do-re-mi is going.

Looks like I am the latest victim of this scam. I am however based in WI and I am proceeding with legal action. I didn't trust my gut on this one. If anyone can be of any assistance with what worked or didn't work for them in the past I would greatly appreciate it.

Nobody has gotten their money quickly and many have received only partial or no payments.

You'd better play hardball.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Rob:

I would suggest contacting the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) 1-608-224-4953, http://datcp.wi.gov. I was forwarded to that department after contacting the Wisconsin State Attorney General office. My situation has currently been "assigned to an investigator" and I am awaiting any further info. I would imagine, if enough people make similar complaints, there will be a better chance of a positive resolution.

-Ed

Blog Entries
    I'll also add... don't forget to let your AG (or whomever is investigating for you) know who else is working on it. An AG would be happy to know (and share information with) other AsG* who are working it.

* That's the first time I've ever tried to shorten the plural of AG, Attorneys General... I'm not sure if that qualifies as valid

Blog Entries
    Just a thought regarding the BBB. While I agree they are pretty worthless when it comes to resolving complaints, I think I would still post complaints with them simply because many people look to them for the track record of a company. If you post your complaint with them at least it now appears to those folks and can serve as a warning flag that more diligence may be needed on the buyers part.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Just a thought regarding the BBB. While I agree they are pretty worthless when it comes to resolving complaints, I think I would still post complaints with them simply because many people look to them for the track record of a company. If you post your complaint with them at least it now appears to those folks and can serve as a warning flag that more diligence may be needed on the buyers part.

Dave
    Unless you go through their formal process (if you can call it that), they will not post anything. Trying to just post a complaint will not work... the BBB expects it to be a process where the business gets a chance to reply, etc. This is the BBB's way of preventing their site from becoming nothing but a collection of angry mob letters (and a good way to keep the paying companies happy...companies who claim to have tried to work with the customer get to keep their A+ rating, even if it's complete crap).

Looks like something might have happened to them. Their website is no longer active.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.