Thread: dewalt 746x who else has one

dewalt 746x who else has one

who else has the dewalt 746x 10" table saw and how do you like yours. how do feel it compares with other table saws in the same price range.
    i dont have the sliding table, but i did build a sled for cross cuts and one for miters.

Hi Roy and welcome aboard.

I have the 746 with 52" rails, mobile base, sliding table and outfeed table for several years now and do like it plenty. I know it's not a cabinet saw, Dewalt never said it is. The fence took a bit of tweaking, but other than that, the saw is a pleasure to use. It's as well built or better than higher end contractor saws. Enjoy it.

Bob
    bob m

Another satified owner

I too have the saw (w/sliding table). It's cut anything I fed into it. Bought it because it beefier than most contractor saws and more compact (w/o the motor hanging out the back). I recently replaced the original rails/fence with the Jointech SawTrain system. Enjoy

I've got one with sliding table and 52" rails. I've also added an overarm Brett-Guard. It does everything I need of it. It seems to have plenty of power and with a good ripping blade easily handles thick stock. Dust collection with this saw is also very good with it's blade enclosing dust shroud. (I only wish it had a 4" dust port.)

The only shortcoming I can see with my setup is that the Dewalt mobile base can't really handle the extra weight of the extension table and overarm guard. A base with locking casters would be more appropriate for this saw with the extension table.

Cheers,

-- Ian

Great saw

I've had mine for over two years and I love it. I just have the 30 inch rails, but I do have the sliding table and the cast iron wing. Someone posted on Woodcentral last year, I think it was "Allen in Florida", that he had enclosed the bottom and back and added a 4" dust port on the back. He said it worked well. I haven't done that as the dust collection is adequate as is. The sliding table works well.

Like mine

I have the 746 with 30" rails and sliding table in my tiny (7 x 20) shop. I move the saw around a lot, often rotating the saw 90 degrees just to go from rip to crosscut. I added a fold-down outfeed table and shop-made side table which holds a router or oscillating spindle sander when needed. All in all I like the saw, with very minor complaints. For one, the levelling scheme for the slider is just plain dumb. And the Dewalt mitre guage is the only one I have seen which does not have holes drilled for adding extensions.

Dan