Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did a tough thing this afternoon.

Blog Entries
    I hear where your coming from Jason! My wife and I are "cat people" and we have had a number of cats come and go and they were all tough in one respect or another. My sympathies go out to you and your family. We currently have two after losing one a few months ago and we have two more coming in the next month or so that we will be adopting.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Good reading

SHE IS GONE , YOU CAN SHED TEARS THAT SHE IS GONE OR YOU CAN SMILE BECAUSE SHE LIVED.

YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PRAY THAT SHE’LL COME BACK OR YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE ALL SHE’S LEFT.

YOU HEART CAN BE EMPTY BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SEE HER OR YOU CAN BE FULL OF THE LOVE YOU SHARED.

YOU CAN TURN YOUR BACK ON TOMORROW AND LIVE YESTERDAY OR YOU CAN BE HAPPY FOR TOMORROW BECAUSE OF YESTERDAY.

YOU CAN REMEMBER HER AND ONLY THAT SHE’S GONE OR YOU CAN CHERISH HER MEMORY AND LET IT LIVE ON.

YOU CAN CRY AND LOSE YOUR MIND,BE EMPTY AND TURN YOUR BACK OR YOU CAN DO WHAT SHE’D WANT SMILE, OPEN YOUR EYES, LOVE AND GO ON
    Last edited by Jim King; 03-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Jason,

It sounds like we were in a similar situation. LOML and I were married in May of '82. She found a 6 week old kitten in the middle of the road about 2 months later. We had "Critter" for 17 1/2 years. She was 7 pounds of fluff and attitude for most folks, although she was all purr for us. We had to put her down when she had some sort of stroke or seizure that pretty much paralyzed her back end. Within a 24 hour period she went from being normal to us making the decision to make a 1-way trip to the vet. We don't have children, so losing her was hard.

We took the next day off as a vacation day to deal with our feelings.

Hope you get past the pain soon.

Rob

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    So Sorry for you loss.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Sorry for your loss. We had to put Butch (our chow mix) down this past November because of cancer in his back left leg. In two weeks,he lost 10 pounds, and he wouldn't eat anymore, regardless of what we gave him.
    I still go out to where I buried him and talk to him. I know that sounds crazy, but I loved him as much as any family member.
    Butch, I wish you were still with us. Rest in peace, we'll see you at the "Rainbow Bridge"

Regards, Colin

I will try to add a photo of him, as soon as I get one resized.
    Where's the beef.

Idea???

Learn Marquetry and create a shadow box, serving tray, etc...
    Silas Kpof has a great DVD you can check out for $25

http://www.silaskopf.com/

Dewey
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Hopefully this will work. A picture of Butch.

Regards, Colin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where's the beef.

First, condolences on your loss. It is a necessary part of the whole equation.

Second, I am glad to see you taking the boys with you. I hope they learned it is OK to be sad when bad things happen, that death is always a part of life and most importantly, just because the decision is difficult doesn't relieve one of the responsibility to make it.

Having been in the animal training business, a dog handler for many years and in rescue (over several hundred dogs) I have made that trip more times then I care to remember. Some things get easier, that is certainly not one of them.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Thanks for all the encouraging sentiments, folks. I think the kids are bouncing back the quickest; I still miss him wandering into the bedroom in the morning meowing for some attention, or waiting at the top of the stairs for me when I got home (wife said he would go there when he heard the garage door open). He liked to lick my nose, purr and "talk" to us all the time, and he and I would play-fight from time to time. My eyes still well up a bit when I think about him, but when the boys and I took him on his final ride, it seemed he knew what it was about and was at peace with it.

Thanks again!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Never a easy thing to do, we are on dog number 4 and the previous three had to be put down, doesn't get any easier, Lori and I both send our condolences.

To many, it is indeed like losing a member of the family, I know it is to us.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Jason I know how you feel. I too had to put down our dog "Gizmo" a Boston Bull. She was 12. Its a hard thing to do.

Walt

My condolences as well. We have had that happen with a couple of friends and the emotions run very close to the surface. We have one cat left in the house, and I am dreading the day when she passes. I think, due to the emotional attachment that I have with pets, we won't be replacing her. Too tough to deal with the separation.
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ring View Post
    My condolences as well. We have had that happen with a couple of friends and the emotions run very close to the surface. We have one cat left in the house, and I am dreading the day when she passes. I think, due to the emotional attachment that I have with pets, we won't be replacing her. Too tough to deal with the separation.
    Brent, I have told myself that also. When my little cat Geddes (named after the Syracuse,NY suburb that we found her in) had to be put down, I cried like a darned baby at the vets and swore that it just wasn't worth the hurt that you eventually have to go through. You do get past that and learn to enjoy the replacements, though, with beloved pets, there are never any real replacements, just a next one in line.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Sorry for your loss

I feel your pain. We lost our Genie two years ago. We were blessed to have her for 17 years. It is a hard thing to even think about today...

I pray for your kids understanding.

I'm very sorry Jason. I too had to bury my dog Emma this past Sunday. I was with her as she passed on and it was hard.