Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most insane bench ever! (Warning: Big Pics)

Matthew,

Great deal! There was a simular bench on eaby that only went for $600 something. You bench is WAY nicer. Looking forward to see what comes from it. Was the seller parting with anything else?? Couple of back saws in the pic.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

2. Nice find!

That's proof positive that there is a lot of good stuff out there. Let the other guys to to the bay and HD. Go to grandpa's cellar and you'll find everything you need (and a lot more fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles McKinley View Post
    Matthew,

Was the seller parting with anything else?? Couple of back saws in the pic.
    Hi Charles,
    He sold off his entire shop. Almost sverything was gone before I got there including from what I understand, a rather large collection of planes which all went to 1 buyer. I really wish I got to see them. The back saws go to a couple of nice and gigantic miter boxes. I probably should have asked how much he was aking for them, but I was pretty excited about the bench at the time and was more concerned with figuring out how to get the bench into the bed of my pickup truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid Naqvi View Post
    That's one heck of a deal, most importantly you are lucky enough to have a work space which can house this monster, congrats on both counts.
    I really wish I could have gotten this into my basement workshop - but that just would have been a bad idea. A couple of years ago, I formed a co-op shop in Worcester, MA ( www.archangelwoodworks.com) and we are now in the process of putting together a teaching studio in there as well to start offering some classes. This will be the main instructor's bench for the classroom. I think I'll be doing more work from the CO-OP from now on...

Matt,

Very cool find and a major deal to boot!!!! Congrats.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. This is where I type a hearty "YOU SUCK" right? And furthermore I have an idea for your co-ops interview process for instructors. Hand them a chunk or two of wood lead them to that bench and say "make me something". My bet is one look at that bench and folks will be willing to get darn creative for a chance to keep working on that bench!