Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just one bandsaw...........?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    Hey Stu:

While you are at it, selling the much beloved (by many of your internet friends and acquaintances) BIG BLUE, why don't you sell your favorite dog, or maybe one of kids' favorite Teddy Bears.

You and BIG BLUE are synonomous.

Joe, just given Stu a hard time and having some fun.
    Don't have a dog Kid's Teddy bears, heck one, they would hardly notice, but yeah, it would be hard to sell Big Blue....

Stu,
    my Bandsaw thread is here:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25603
    recently i made a new guide system inspired by the big canali resaws.. single point pressure guides. Works by displacing the blade a few mm from its natural position. I made a new table insert to use as lower guide and a profiled piece of wood for the upper guide. First tests worked great, much better than the stock guides. I will post more info on this if someone shows interest.
    T

3. Thanks Timo, great looking saw!

I'd enjoy hearing about (and seeing pics) of your improved blade guides, for sure!

Cheers!

I posted a new thread about the guides:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=43285

5. Great, I'll have a look!

Cheers!

I have the Grizzly 14 inch, and loved it, but resaw was a little unpredictable... Split three boards perfectly, then destroy the fourth.

I got a heavy duty 24 inch MiniMax bandsaw with a carbide blade - awesome. Probably a competitor to Big Blue. But I am glad that I kept my Grizzly for curve work. And I never remove the carbide blade from the MiniMax.

My shop space isn't as tight as yours, but it is small, and worth the investment in space for two bandsaws.