Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction - with shop pics

Nice shop and great looking projects.

Does she have a sister?
    Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Welcome Jeff. You certainly have jumped in with both feet. Nice setup you've worked out.

Nice shop tour. Thanks for sharing!!

Welcome to SMC and great shop!

Corey

Welcome

Welcome to the Creek. You'll love it here. Nice shop and extraordinary spouse!
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Jeff, Nice shop. Looks like you have been busy out there. Welcome to the Creek!

Jeff..........Welcome to the Creek! Nice shop and collection to tools! Looks well organized. Thanks for sharing!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nice shop Jeff, looks like its about the same size as mine, what oeverall size is it?
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Julio - the shop is in a fairly standard 2 car garage (20 x 22 sort of.)

Tim - she has sisters but you don't want to know about them. I definitely got the best of the three.

Thank you for the compliments. If I can only get my work up par with my tool collection I will be in great shape.
    There are three types of people in this world: those who want things to happen, those who make things happen and those who just wonder what the heck happened.

I have to admit, I only looked at the pictures but went back and read your post this time as well as looked closer at the pics. I noticed your cyclone, I was wondering what brand it is and I also noticed the fire extinguisher on the drum, GREAT IDEA! I did have on observation about the fire extinguisher...the fire would probably start at the drum and if it does you might have a hard time getting to the FE.

You and I have more in common than the size of the shop. Your wife sounds like mine as well, she has been very supportive of my tool collection habit. She even boasts to her friends that she has her very own jointer, she bought it for me on HER birthday (she got a present also, of course) She and I joke about me buying so many tools and her buying so many shoes... When she gets a new pair she shows them off by wearing them and telling me to look at the newest tool she got at Home Depot.

Nice shop and will look forward to seeing your projects as they progress.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Welcome

Jeff -

Welcome to the Creek. Nice looking shop. The wife might be your greatest shop tool.
    Jonathan P. Szczepanski
    ========================================

The cyclone is the Oneida 3HP SUper Gorilla. I keep a fire extinguisher on each side of the garage door and another by the door to the inside of the house. I figure I want to make sure I get out of their if there is a problem.
    There are three types of people in this world: those who want things to happen, those who make things happen and those who just wonder what the heck happened.

Jeff, nice tour around the shop. Welcome!

Great Shop

I enjoyed looking over your shop. You sure have a good selection of equipment.

I have the same 18x36 Delta drum sander that you have. I noticed that you have some nice drop down support tables mounted on either side of the drum sander. Where did you ge them? I searched the Delta site and they have nothing listed. If the came from Delta, could you please give me the part #. I could sure use a pair of those.

Thanks,

Chet Parks

Chet,

I got those when I Ordered the sander. I am not sure of the part number. I would call Woodcraft or Rockler and ask them as they seem to be able to order them even though you cannot find them on the delta sight.

The other area you might try os on the delta website looking at their exploded diagrams. They may list them there.

Sorry I could not help more but I know Woodcraft can get them.

Regards,
    Jeff