Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA: I am alive for the next three years

I get a small state tax refund each year. Auto deposit in the mad money account.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Bill

Why not move it to the mattress?
    Special accounts. One in USD (I'm in Canada) and one is a high interest account. Found it is much easier to keep alive with an online transfer than getting them activated again after too long inactivity.

thought the same

George now that im a billionaire im finding that the matress is getting too lumpy.

I inherited checking and savings accounts (USAA) from my mom when she died in 2009. They changed the name/numbers to mine at the time. Once the estate dust settled, I ran them both down to zero but never closed them (they were both zero-fee accounts). I still get an email from them every January to tell me the annual summary statement is available...not sure that counts as "activity" but apparently both accounts are still considered open.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.