Thread: Knife / Scissors pull sharpeners - just pay shipping

Knife / Scissors pull sharpeners - just pay shipping

I have three sharpeners that I simply do not use. These use a "V" and you pull the blade through it. I have never been impressed with these types of sharpeners and with all the other things I own I do not have cause to use these. I have not tried (that I remember) using the scissor pull through portion.

Smith's 50185 Jiffy-Pro Handheld sharpener. This is a 2-Stage knife sharpener (which means carbide and ceramic) and a Large Scissors & Shear Sharpening Slots. I purchased this in 2017, time to get rid of it.

Smith’s JIFF-S 10-Sec Knife & Scissors Sharpener - Right & Left-Handed Scissors - Carbide Blades - Outdoor Sharpener for Pocket, Hunting, Fishing & Kitchen Knives - Handheld Pullover Sharpener. Purchased the same time as the previous. My intent was to sharpen scissors, still have not done it. This one I did use to sharpen scissors, but I do it so rarely it goes. This the knife pull sharpener is only carbide and the scissors is only ceramic. I should probably keep this one, but, off it goes if someone wants it.

The last one is a Gerber pocket pull sharpener with ceramic. This has both a coarse and a fine side. This is probably the most useful one since you can drop it in your pocket and go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharp_PXL_20240510_213418369.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	519588

My zip code is 43085

I can pack in a small box or even send using a small flat-rate shipping box (I assume it will fit in a small flat rate box).

I gave up on expensive kitchen knives about 30 years ago.
    Instead, I go to the $ store and buy a cheap just stainless steel knife I don't mind sharpening away.
    3 or 4 quick pulls through one of those type is all it takes & you have a scary sharp blade.

Just tossing that out in case anyone else is tired of keeping up with expensive kitchen knives.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Back in my days of employment these would have been snatched up to give to some of my coworkers who had trouble sharpening knives and scissors.

My wife once complained about me getting a kitchen knife too sharp. Her reaction to a very sharp knife gives meaning to the term "scary sharp."

One of my favorite honing stones was bought from a woman whose husband rehabilitated scissors. I've rehabbed a lot of scissors. A few more pairs and it won't be so tempting to buy them unless they are a marked upgrade.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)