Karl, I found this old post and was hoping to get in touch with you and pick your brain if this reaches you. I am also having issues with my rotary for my Legend 32EX. I have had the same laser and Rotary for Years and as of yesterday it stopped working. I used it a few weeks ago with no issues and yesterday I plugged it in, powered up my machine and now it only growls and twitches when it should be rotating. I have had the same experience with Epilog support you did....very lacking. They are convinced its the connector or stepper motor. I have a spare motor and it does the same thing so I have my doubts. My machine is from 2008 so its barely supported and they cant even provide me schematics and the boards aren't available. They must have just thrown them all away. I am very capable of working through this as you did with good info. To me it sounds like I may be pulling the main board and doing my own repair. I appreciate you posting all the good info on the chips. Did you buy the A4973 chips from DIGIKEY??? they seem to have a few different options which are all very inexpensive. I just want to be sure I get the right thing and understand if all you had to do was de- solder and replace? Also is there just 1 chip or 2 chips that control the rotary? Thank you in advance to anyone with info that can help me!!!