Thread: Thickness of Drawer Compartment Divider - Blum Movento Runners

Thickness of Drawer Compartment Divider - Blum Movento Runners

I’m having trouble getting clarification on how thick the dividing panel between drawer compartments needs to be if I want to use Blum Movento runners. Their tech support wasn’t sure what I was asking and insisted I had to use 5/8” screws, which would mean at least 1.25” dividers. Is there any way around that?

the dimension in question is shown below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Will Mullendore; 11-14-2023 at 2:25 PM.

Can adjacent runners be installed slightly offset for-and-aft, so the opposing screws don't hit each other?

Also - for liability purposes, I'd guess their reps are not allowed to approve any fastener shorter than spec.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Depends on application, etc.

Is this for yourself or a customer? For a customer or someone paying, I'd go 5/8" unless they were related and wouldn't mind if you had to fix it lol. If it were a dresser or something being used regularly or holding a lot of weight, then I'd go 5/8" regardless, but if we're talking low-use, low-weight for yourself, I'd have no problems going shorter. I did exactly that on a sofa table in our living room. Drawers are juuuuust fine for years, probably been opened/closed 20 times.

Movento runners have lots of screw holes and you only use 4 per runner. There are at least three adjacent holes at each screw location.

Thanks a lot for the responses so far. If there’s no issue using any of the adjacent holes, it’s simple enough for me to alternate which I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Depends on application, etc.

Is this for yourself or a customer? For a customer I did exactly that on….
    This is a personal project. The drawer boxes will only be 2-3/8” tall and roughly 11”x12”, so load will be very light. I see now that the screw locations are called out to meet the maximum 125lb load rating. I’m confident that shifting my screw locations won’t affect it to any significant degree.