Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For Layout Help

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Yeaglin View Post
    Looks like the shop is coming together nicely, I would however change your offset from 90s to 45s, that will increase airflow. A quick tip for fitting pipe.. 45 degree offset: take the offset required multiplied my 1.4142 that will give you center to center for the "travel" the slant dimension. Next measure what your fitting is end to center, subtract the "make up" for the hub from that measurement. Next multiply the "new" end to center number twice (this is called "take out"). That is what you will subtract from your offset calculation will be your "travel". Now you have the cut length of your pipe.

24" offset x 1.4142 = 33.9408 or 33 15/16", say your 45 measures 5 1/2" end to center with a 3" insertion depth (make up). So 5 1/2" - 3" = 2" take out. 2"+2" = 4" total take out. 33 15/16" - 4" = 29 15/16" cut length. I know it's a lot to consume, hence why I gave an example. If you want to change it cool, if you need help PM me. If not that's okay too.
    I assume you mean to replace the 90s that transition the pipe up to the ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hollis View Post
    I assume you mean to replace the 90s that transition the pipe up to the ceiling?

Yes, that would be what I was referring to.