Thread: Grizzly BS blade guide upgrade?

Grizzly BS blade guide upgrade?

I have an older G0570 14" bandsaw. It's one of their earlier "industrial" steel framed bandsaws and is no longer in production. As far as I can tell the blade guides are identical to the current 14" saw blade guides. I had a couple of the cast iron eccentric blade guide bearing mounts break, and the part from a 555 was a perfect fit.

I would like to change to steel/ceramic block type guides because the ball bearing guides are too noisy. Anyone know if an upgrade or Euro style guides are available for 14" Grizzly saws? I haven't been able to find anything.

Thanks

Grizzly actually has guide upgrades available in their catalog including a ceramic option. They may or may not be adaptable to your machine, depending on the guide post design/size.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    That is exactly what I was looking for, and a reasonable price, too. I'll be ordering them today, thanks.

Jim, thanks for the tip on the Grizzly blocks, but it looks like they are primarily for resaw work, and I have that covered with my MM20.

Just a quick update on the ceramic guides. I initially planned to just order the guide blocks, not the thrust bearings, but when they arrived I had apparently put the thrust blocks, not the guide blocks, in my shopping cart and that's what they sent me. I ordered the correct parts that day and two days later the guide blocks arrived, and I installed everything that afternoon. The circular thrust blocks went right on without any problem. The square guide blocks were kind of fiddly to set up, but they fit fine and after about a half hour I had everything installed and adjusted. They work fine and are much quieter than the ball bearing guides. The shipping time from the vendor was also excellent.