Thread: Guard style for minimax FS 30c

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A quick search says the guard is about $1800. I'm having a hard time picturing how a guard can cost that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Ranck View Post
    A quick search says the guard is about $1800. I'm having a hard time picturing how a guard can cost that much.

I wondered when that would get noticed

Seriously, though: Suvamatic stuff is awesome but not cheap. We can order it as an OEM option on Format4 machinery (just like Aigner) but not on the smaller Felders or Hammers. They make an awesome riving knife mounted pop-up sawblade guard. The issue with Suvamatic is that they don't (unless that's changed recently) have any direct distributor here in the US. Scott & Sargent in the UK is the nearest I can think of.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Blog Entries
    I’m just glad there are folks out there making nice equipment. Things tend to get exponentially more expensive as they improve, that’s the nature of this.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Ranck View Post

Yes indeed. That guard costs almost as much as I paid for my used FS-30. I know you can't put a price on bodily parts, but basic guards and situational awareness has worked well for about 40 years.

John