My original post was assuming you would mount the lights at 12-14'. If you wish to mount them at 16', that does open up the 4xT5HO as a reasonable option. They basically have the same light out of a smaller area so they glare more at lower heights. Being a bit smaller and lighter they are easier to mount. At 16' either is a good option. I mounted the 167 6xT8 units in the big building at 28' and they work fine at that height.

85 avg Lumens per watt - 216 watt for 18,200 lumens: 4 T5HO using high output long life bulbs
89 avg Lumens per watt - 192 watt for 17,200 lumens: 6 T8 using high output long life bulbs
88 avg Lumens per watt - 128 watt for 11,200 lumens: I-Beam LED $199 at HD.

All these are using average lumens which is after 30,000 hours of use at 12 hours per day. T5HO specs drop below 95 degrees, certainly not a problem near the ceiling around here.

ALL of these require 2' clearance to ceiling. LED also spec 104 degree max.

T5HO lose the ability to turn half of the bulbs on and then turn on the other half when/where you want more light. May be a big deal for some, certainly for me. Could be a huge money saver if you have skylights. OK is sunny a lot, right?

You mentioned trying some. You probably need to try 2 mounted at your intended height and separated by your planned row distance. Pretty easy with a forklift.