Thread: Blum 563 question

Blum 563 question

This is my first time using the Blum hardware. I ordered 563h 21" from one online vendor. I needed more later and found a better price on the 563. I just opened the box to install the second batch and the mounting plate is a few inches shorter then the 563h. I went back and checked what I ordered was for a frameless install which is what I have. I was surprised and bewildered the second batch was different than the first. I thought I ordered shorter slides and was confused to say the least.

looking on blums site I see nothing different but there site leaves me scratching my head sometimes. Can someone familiar with these confirm I'm using the right model? It seems like it will work ok, I'm just not sure at this point what exactly I got.

They can be used for both faceframe and frameless.
    For faceframe the 563H can be used with a rear mount if preferred instead of blocking.

Here you go,you can see the rear bracket shown in the faceframe application vs panel application.
    563hface.jpg563panel.jpg

I know you don't need them but FWIW here's the rear bracket that's used with the 563h.

http://www.wurthwoodgroup.com/Blum-T...et-P78605.aspx

Thanks John. Now I feel dumb. I've probably looked at that PDF a couple dozen times and never noticed the two different mounting arm lengths before.