Thread: Harbor Freight Dust Mod

Harbor Freight Dust Mod

After spending a LOT of time researching (Oneida, Clear Vue, Laguna, cyclone vs reg, 220 vs 110, you name it) I've decided to go with Super Dust Deputy, Wynn filter, and HF DC. I just couldn't justify the cost for a guy in the garage who uses one tool at a time and running another 220 line may have been an issue. Even thought of going used, but couldn't find a used cyclone in my area.
    Bottom line once the decision was made there are a ton of different ways people have modified their DC (moved the blower motor, extended SDD much higher in the air, etc.) I"m just looking for a decent safe solution461856.jpg
    will this work or is there anything else I should do

That should work OK. As you said, there are different ways to the same end and some may be a little more efficient than others. This is what I did with mine: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...able-SDD-build I needed portable, and it's used on only one machine at a time. Make sure you have all the joints between your machines and the blower well sealed and minimize the amount of flex pipe if you can. Use the largest pipe you can find (up to 6"). The larger pipe will flow so much more air and the system will perform much better.

Awesome build. Thanks much