Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What tool did you buy today?

Bought a Veritas saddle square yesterday along with a pair of bench dogs for my Roubo. Can't wait to break in that bench!

picked up some scary tooling for the RAS but the riving makes up for it.LOL

jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    Another forum I was a member of a long time ago had a thread where folks shared their recent purchases and aquistions.. I thought that might work here? Maybe not but what the hay.

Guess I'll start, Today I bought a CMT Rabbet router bit kit and a Nobex miter box, wanted an Ulmia but budget dictated otherwise..
    I bought a 3hp Oneida Smart DC.

Well, I didn't exactly buy it today, but I finished it up and put it back into service today.

Refurbished mid-century 10" Delta bandsaw.
    This came to me several years ago as an almost complete wreck. Motor was on its last legs and it would barely cut. It has sat in a corner of the shop, and I have slowly scrounged parts for it. Over the last couple weeks, I have put a fair amount of elbow grease into it. New tires, new guides, new blade, new TEFC motor, link belt, electrics and LED work lamp. I also added a 3/4" riser block so it will take modern standard length off-the-self blades.
    Not a museum piece by any stretch, but it is a working piece. Hopefully ready for the next 50-60 years. 1/8" blade. This is the second BS in the shop. Currently have a 14" as well. This will fill streamline some current production inefficiencies. I'm happy with it- cuts like a hot knife through butter and with the mobile base in the stationary position, it runs smoothly enough that you can balance a nickel on edge with it running.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

$300 from CL and met a neat WW guy who also loves big tools. I think we will be good friends.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Lie Nielsen dovetail marker for class. I have three of those now.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

new Steff eight speed, four roll power feeder. Ordered yesterday, should be at the shop today.

Blog Entries
    I use a small miter box for detail items. The saw is disposable and lasts a few years for about $10. Picked one up yesterday since I was near a Rocklers and the current replacement is getting tired.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ordered another Mirka Ceros today.
    Not a tool, but the hardware order for today was $3800. ;(

Picked up my King Canada KC-OVS-F2 (Grizzly G1071). Looking forward to the increase of capability this and my King 6" Oscillating edge Sander will give me over my Ridgid EB4424 machine.

Smile

I picked up the PM100 I was looking for from a retired hobbiest. Plus I got to upgrade my Rockwell/Delta 6" jointer to a PM60 8". Original owner with paperwork and made in the USA (excuse the shop mess, building new walls and rearranging). I'm happy with my find.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last tool here(a month or so ago) was a Craftsman 618 metal lathe,bed.The cast feet and rack gear sold to offset the money.This is a "square way" bed.We use it for a variety of things,an offshoot of a "bench center".It fits nicely on our W/T,radial drill table,as well as a std 9x42 Bridgeport.

I cleaned it and shot ho-made krinkle black to the sides.It usually has a cpl big vee blocks on it.Googlefoo a Brown & Sharpe 730........the above is a much enlarged version of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Crane Davies View Post
    I picked up the PM100 I was looking for from a retired hobbiest. Plus I got to upgrade my Rockwell/Delta 6" jointer to a PM60 8". Original owner with paperwork and made in the USA (excuse the shop mess, building new walls and rearranging). I'm happy with my find.
    I really like that gold color used in the older PM.