Thread: Epilog Laser - 7 Years Old - Spare Parts To Have On Hand?

Epilog Laser - 7 Years Old - Spare Parts To Have On Hand?

My Epilog Mini 24x12 has served me well over these 7 years. I only had to replace the laser tube (a couple of times) and one ribbon cable. Anything I should pre-order to have on hand for future problems?
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Mine's 6 years old. I never thought of keeping anything for replacements since Epilog is as rapid as they are. However, maybe belts and the ribbon cable? I keep lenses and mirrors routinely anyhow.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I have a 24 TT that I bought 10 years ago.. I have changed 1 tube, 2 Ribbon cables(1 Y and 1 X), 1 display unit, 2 xmotors(one was a n/c refit from epilog) and one mirror.. I keep on hand 1 xmotor, 1 lens, 1 encoder strip just because it now takes 3 days to get something from Epilog rather than overnight like it used to, and I can't afford to be down for 3 days..It's mostly xmotors I go through. I'm still on the original lens and encoder strip..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I just got a spare mirror and a spare lens for my two minis (they both can use the same parts) just in case, since they are both about 5 years old. I don't need them, but you never know and I'd hate to lose time waiting for parts. It was about $150 of insurance well spent.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong