Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinion on older Bridgewood saw

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    What authorities? Are you kidding? Report him for what?
    Not kidding at all, you are not allowed to harass by text message. Depending on the content of the harrassing messages, I would call the local police.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cherry View Post
    I would call the local police.
    I hardly think a band saw is worth the trouble.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I hardly think a band saw is worth the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lee View Post
    He flipped out and started sending me nasty texts etc..
    Myk- we do not know the content of the "nasty texts"; we don't know how nasty and we don't know how many. I can see one text from the seller expressing disappointment, but something beyond that is out of line. As I understand it, there are laws related to this sort of thing.

We are all speculating without the story here. I wouldn't send texts but if i arranged my Sunday for a pickup and got a call from the buyer that "my wife needed the truck so I can't make it" I'd likely express more than disappointment. I don't think that is what happened either but we really don't know enough to judge. Dave

He's listed the same saw in three different listings today, one at $600, one $550, and one make an offer. Each listing says something different concerning condition. His lack of changing his ad in lieu of repeated postings says something about him. He seems desperate for money.

Well, this may be back on. He emailed me and offered it to me for 500 if i was still interested and can get it by thisnweekend. I told him i was still interested and our issues last weekend were the only reason i had lost interest. So im going down saturday morning to pick it up barring any frame issues, but everything looks ok in the pictures. It needs some work, but really now just a switch. I may have to have you guys point me in the right direction for the switch if you could, but ill let you know how it goes saturday morning. Im taking my dad, who is law enforcement with the sherriffs office and another law enforcement buddy to help me load it. I am always cautious with craigslist stuff until im loaded and down the road.

thanks for following this ordeal of mine. Hopefully we will end up with a happy ending.

chris

I picked up a used 20" Mini Max with my little Ford Ranger. I took off the tailgate and 2 of use tipped it on it's back till it rested against the bed of the truck, and then shoved it in . Make sure you take heavy duty straps. Maybe take a bud to help as 700+ pounds of bandsaw. Tipping it back up on a concrete floor was hard, bandsaw kept sliding out of truck bed. Hope all goes well

I always meet the nicest people buying stuff over the internet... maybe it's just me.

Good luck with the saw. I missed buying one of those a few years ago. Bandsaws are so simple, it should be easy to get it performing... It's just never going to be as pretty as my​ Hammer N4400.

Thats hurts I do miss the Hammer a little bit, BUt Ill get over it when I get this big green monster all cleaned and polished up?

Well, she is home. Just have to get her out of my truck now. Gonna strip her down and clean all the buildup inside and then figure out how to wire the switches and motor up and I'll be in business!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad it worked out and you are happy with the saw and the deal. Excited to see it's transformation!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

That looks a lot like my Griggio (just a different color). That price is a steal for such a bandsaw! you'll have a great machine once you clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    That looks a lot like my Griggio (just a different color). That price is a steal for such a bandsaw! you'll have a great machine once you clean it up.
    Should be the same saw. Griggio are ACM too. Dave