Thread: Bittersweet Day

Bittersweet Day

We all know and/or remember what happened 11 years ago today.

I'd just like to remind us all of something else, though.

Our dear, departed Super Moderator, Ken Salisbury, would have been 80 years old today. Hard to believe he's been gone over 4 years now. Happy Birthday, Ken!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Thanks for the reminder Jason. Happy Birthday Mr. Ken. I hope you enjoy your Angel Food cake.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Ken's presence will always be missed by those who knew him. Happy Birthday Ken!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The "Old Rebel" is gone but not forgotten. Ken was a good guy and one of SawMill Creek's most avid supporters, he was also one of the best pen turners I ever met.
    Our very first Moderator quickly became a Super Moderator in the early days so he could help me manage all of the Forums here, the two of us covered a lot of ground on days when literally hundreds of people were registering here every 24 hours.

When we hosted the SawMill Creek swap meet Ken was here for the weekend so we had lots of time to exchange stories and I have to admit I did more listening then talking, that was what it was like to spend time with Ken He had more stories than you could count and every one was entertaining to say the least.

Ken fought cancer five times, he was a tough guy who loved to laugh. His work will always be here for those new to The Creek to enjoy......visit our archives.