Thread: Article: Turning Segmented Bowls by Ken Salisbury

Article: Turning Segmented Bowls

_Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Hello;
    I would like to have a PM discussion with the person who posted this great article.
    Thanks
    Peter Fabricius

Peter,

Ken Salisbury was the very first Moderator here and a good friend. Ken passed away about three years ago however his talent and contributions here are still available for everyone to enjoy.

Hi Keith;
    I have been having a great discussion with David Watkerin by PM. I was looking for permission to print and use the article by Ken Salisbury in a presentation that I have been asked to do on Segmented bowls to our turning club.
    The Grey Bruce Woodturners Guild in Kincardine Ontario is a great place to share ideas and we often have guest turners. June 2011 is my date so I have lots of time. I am planning to build partial sections of a bowl so I can demonstrate the process without taking all the time needed to put the segments together, which is really impossible to do in a two hour session.
    I would like to use the article as a handout so the members will have a take away reference for use in their shops. Full credit would be given to Ken for his article.
    I am hoping you can authorize this.
    Thanks.
    Peter Fabricius
    Hanover, Ontario

Peter,

Information and file attachments that are shared here are owned by those who created the content. SawMill Creek receives the right to publish.

Ken Salisbury has a daughter and a son living in the Huntsville Alabama area. They would probably have inherited any copyright that belonged to Ken.

Ken was happy to share his woodworking expertise with everyone who had interest, I am sure he would be pleased that your group is interested in his article. As long as there is no financial gain and you provide the proper credit I would guess that you are safe to share his work with your turning group.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-08-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Thank you Keith;
    I was quite sure that it would be OK but I would not assume such.
    The conditions you mention will be upheld, we are not for profit and just like to share information and learn new techniques. The Segmented stuff is definately new to most and they will enjoy having Ken's article for reference.
    No financial gain for anyone and Ken's name will be prominently displayed as the author.
    Thanks
    Peter Fabricius
    Hanover, Ontario

The Old Rebel may be gone but he is certainly not forgotten. That's a great tutorial and I'm happy to see it used in the manner Ken intended...to help other turners.

All that I can say is that I am truly inspired!