Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dazzling white on sale...what's the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Dreier View Post
    So, the dazzling white grizzly's are on sale and have been for awhile. Did they overstock on those? Not sure I'm a fan of that change...but heck if the tool works the same, not sure color matters.

What do you think the strategy is?
    The "Polar Bears" won in Court, but have been in a sort of hibernation. From 2007 til 2009, Grizzly was involved in a lawsuit by WMH Tool Group, over white-painted tools. The general public soon forgets...

http://www.cabinetmakerfdm.com/2024.html

Seems there has been an Arctic "cooling-off" period since Grizzly's success in court, defending their adding more white to the coloration of their machines. Now it's either time to forge ahead, or unload tons of dazzling white! But, the "right to white" is a double-edged sword. Although I am no fan of hammered, metallic GrizGreen, the mimmicking of Jet's Basic Blanco smacks of a "me-too" mentality, and ultimately detracts from Grizzly's brand identity.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-05-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: removed unproven negative speculation/commentary
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I guess they are not identical. The Polar series has a "P" on the end of the model number.
    After careful review of the many differences, I decided I liked the green one better, and ordered one today.

I'm glad so many people like Grizzlies! Should make selling my G1023 quite easy - I hope.

Good bang for the buck tools!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne Reding View Post
    It does say that for the G0453 Planer too Dave. But the switch is different. The white also has a switch arm, the green does not. Probably no big differences but identical they are not. Unless the catalog pictures are inaccurate.
    The G0453PX is identical to the G0453Z, not the G0453. I have the G0453Z and it has the same switch arm as the PX.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The G0453PX is identical to the G0453Z, not the G0453. I have the G0453Z and it has the same switch arm as the PX.
    I was trying to figure out what I was missing...

According to Grizzly, the Polar Bear series are exactly the same tool as the regular green, just in a different color, and with a low introductory price. I don't need any large machines at this point, I mean upgrades would be nice, but not necessary. Okay maybe a wide drum sander, and a mortiser, but I can do what I need to do without them.

Now if I were in the market for new large machines, I would seriously consider the polar bear series tools...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    The "Polar Bears" won in Court, but have been in a sort of hibernation. From 2007 til 2009, Grizzly was involved in a lawsuit by WMH Tool Group, over white-painted tools. The general public soon forgets...

http://www.cabinetmakerfdm.com/2024.html

Seems there has been an Arctic "cooling-off" period since Grizzly's success in court, defending their adding more white to the coloration of their machines. Now it's either time to forge ahead, or unload tons of dazzling white! But, the "right to white" is a double-edged sword. Although I am no fan of hammered, metallic GrizGreen, the mimmicking of Jet's Basic Blanco smacks of a "me-too" mentality, and ultimately detracts from Grizzly's brand identity.
    If I have my time line correct. JET (woodworking)use to be blue. Delta came out with a white series cabinet saw before JET introduced the white tool line. If one wanted to argue who was white first, I believe Delta was. But JET was white in metal working tools all along.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

EXCUSE ME?

What does when the colors occurred and who had it first have to do with any differences between Grizzly green tools and the Polar Bear series?

What am I missing here?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    EXCUSE ME?

What does when the colors occurred and who had it first have to do with any differences between Grizzly green tools and the Polar Bear series?

What am I missing here?
    I think it has to do with the OP question of what Grizzly strategy may be with the white line. Seized white tools, Grizzly won, Grizzly introduced white Polar series. Just a wild guess on everyone part but could be possible "why"
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I guess they are not identical. The Polar series has a "P" on the end of the model number.
    I just blew coffee on my monitor
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Appreciate the insight. The color scheme from a marketing perspective sure makes sense that it could match the desires of more customers. To me calling it identical when it does have visible changes (might be good changes) like the handle, gives me questions about what else changed.

It could be that Grizzly changed the handle on the G0453Z already too and the picture is outdated online. Then, it makes sense.

Guys I'm not questioning the value of Grizzly white, just trying to make a rational decision on the next purchase. I'm intrested then if anyone has the G0453PX yet that they can comment on.