Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router Lift

I have the Hartville Tool router table. The current cutout is 9"X12". I will have to enlarge to 9 1/4 but I am hoping the 1/8" on each short side won't be a problem. O could cut a 1/8 or 1/4 shim and shim one or both ends I suppose.

Thoughts??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post
    No need to buy a template. A tip in the Dec issue of WWJ shows you how to make a simple, no fuss, perfectly shaped and sized one.
    I've used Alan's recommended method. Just match your bit radius to your outer corner radius and it's a no-brainer.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by James Malcolm View Post
    I absolutely love my PRL V2 w/ PC 7518. Raising and lowering the table to any position with a flip of the wrist is right up there with the Incra/Jointech positioners in how much easier things become, no more winding of that darn handle. The $100 difference in price will mean absolutely nothing in 10 years when you're still using the same lift. Add a digital readout and you'll need new underwear the second time you use it to setup your PITA bits
    Quick question since you have the V2 if you don't mind. How do you set the rough height position? I am thinking you push the router down and release the locking handle then adjust with the thumb wheel.

Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I've used Alan's recommended method. Just match your bit radius to your outer corner radius and it's a no-brainer.
    With my method you can use a flush trim or pattern bit with any radius equal to or smaller than the corner radius of the plate.
    Last edited by Alan Schaffter; 10-30-2010 at 10:28 AM.

George, You're exactly right. You can let off the handle at any time in mobile mode and the lift will stay in position. Get it close by eye or use a setup block and then adjust the thumbwheel. I was worried before I bought it how well the thumbwheel would work. So far it has been great. Turns easily with just the right amount of resistance, just the right height that you don't have to push your finger down in to engage it. The twist rings are alright. Biggest problem is finding the wrench to change them out. The Incra style would be nice. Very pleased with this product.

I have a digital readout on mine. I use a block across the opening to find the zero height of the bit relative to the table, zero out the digital readout. Move it close to the final height, then adjust with the thumbwheel. Haven't had to readjust one yet after the trial cut. Maybe with a few more years I won't even do a trial cut. Not quite there just yet.

I think I like mine so much because I have it mounted in a side table to my table saw. In a few seconds I can drop any router bit below the table. If it was mounted in a seperate table, it wouldn't be as big a deal to me. Still nice for bit changes though.
    Last edited by James Malcolm; 10-30-2010 at 2:24 PM.

Own JessEm router lift for Half Price! Check this out:

http://www.jessem.com/SPECIAL_OFFER.html
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post

Hmmm....."Made Offshore" not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    As long as the PRL is on sale for $199, I wouldn't consider any of the others. There is a good argument for several lifts but I have yet to see anything on a lift that is worth $100+ over the PRL.
    You and the others are NOT helping ....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker
    Let me start by apologizing about the delay with your lift. We are working
    very hard to complete the lifts that were ordered. The last ones to be
    finished are the ones for the 5625 Milwaukee.
    They are just a bit more work then the others. The guys are telling me we
    are at about one or two more weeks.

Pretty darned excited about it.

I like the way Glenn put it: a luxury for many, but ... probably ... the kind that -- after you've used it for a while -- you don't want to do without !

I have the Incra master R lift. Love it, and can't imagine running a router table without one. I change bits alot in my work as well as hight frequently. It is solid and very persise. I also have the Incra 25" LS positioner and I built my own custom router table. I just love well built machinery that does exactly what it was intended to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post

Pretty happy with the Mast-R-Lift overseas unit I purchased. This is one beast of a lift that works great. They changed thier design quite a bit after clearing out this overseas batch. For the price, this is a score. One that I will enjoy for many years to come.

Very happy with the PRL-V2. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post
    With my method you can use a flush trim or pattern bit with any radius equal to or smaller than the corner radius of the plate.
    Yup. A 1/2" top bearing pattern bit gave me the proper radius. I didn't fill the corners, the bit created the proper radius on its own. Here's one place where the inability of a router bit to create a square corner is useful .