Thread: Accessing 45 degree stop on PM2000?

Accessing 45 degree stop on PM2000?

So the user manual says access to the 45 degree blade stop can be gained though the hole on the front of the saw where the blade height wheel is......

Yea, right. While I can see it clearly though the hole, I have yet to find a wrench in my toolbox that I can fit in there to get to the jam nut and loosen it so I can tweak the stop a bit.

I might be missing something obvious here (wouldn't be the first time) so be gentle in your responses

I am just shy of getting the blade to 45 degrees which is why I want to adjust it. I never trust these stops anyway, but in this case the stop is "stopping" too soon.

Thanks for any pointers people can pass along.

Cheers,
    Lewis

I've adjusted mine, but I don't recall all the details right now. I'll have to take a look tomorrow. It was a tight space, as I recall. I must have the appropriate wrenches to get in there. My tool set is nothing out of the ordinary.

It has been a while but I am pretty sure I reached the locking nut on the 45-degree stop through the side door. I just back off the 45-degree stops and use a gauge to set that angle anyway but I know that I did reach it somehow. And, I don't recall any major bad words or anything in the process.
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Thanks guys - at least I know "it's possible". I'll have another go at it tonight when I get back to the house. I may have a look at the hardware store for a smaller wrench than I have as well in the hopes that gets me in there.

Blog Entries
    Like Tom, I adjust my stops past the 90 and 45 settings by a degree or so. I just don't trust the small stops and prefer a measuring device of some kind. Currently using a tilt-box.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler