Thread: Evil Porter Cable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Evil Porter Cable

I hear the evil Porter Cable is going to change from top of the line to mid or bottom of the line for sale in big box stores. That's kind of a shame. I own several Delta and Porter Cable tools. But then I thought about it. Porter Cable is owned by Black & Decker, symbol BDK. A complete line tool company will have a top, middle and economy (China) line of tools; they will also make tools and put anybody's name on them. I would like the Porter Cable name to be the top brand but that isn't the name of the company. I do hope they do not cheapen or phase out some of the better PC products. BDK needs to clearly establish which of its brands is top of the line and never change that by going for a quick buck.

BDK, an American company, in the last three years has earned $6.22, 6.79 and 8.08. They are expected to earn in the $5 range in 2009 and 2010. Their stock price has crashed with the rest of the market from over $90 to $44.98. It has lost half its value.

My hope is that BDK will stay in business making more tools in the USA. I also clearly want to know that Delta and either DeWalt or Porter Cable is the best quality and value. Its kind of the old "Fool me once..."
    Last edited by Gary Breckenridge; 10-24-2008 at 5:57 PM.