So we are building a new house in Florida. Stem wall construction with a poured concrete slab. Fortunately for me, we will have a four car garage separated by a wall. My shop will be 560 ft.˛ with a mini split. In the house will be glued down on slab engineered hardwood floors. This is getting more and more common in the south as the products and glue themselves have become better and better. So my question is this. This is my last hurrah. My garage/workshop will never…and I mean never…. have a car in it. I don’t really care about resale I imagine this is the house I die in. Ive researched floors until I’m blue in the face. It seems to me that I can get flooring decor, lumber liquidators, etc. unfinished solid wood red oak floors nail down variety for about $2.50 a square foot. Even if I add $4 per square foot for install I’m still not that much more…or less… than an epoxy coating (professionally done ). Which is killer on the back Yet in most of the forums when people talk about wood garage flooring, they put plywood over sleepers, vapor barrier, etc. Is this simply due to cost? I am not loaded by any stretch but aesthetics are important to me (the shop is my getaway. I go out there and smoke cigars watch TV when I’m not working on something) and would just like to hear peoples opinions. I allocated $5000 in the budget just for floors so I have room to do it once and be done with it. Would love to hear what others think