Hey folks, I'm looking for advice on a potential machine purchase for my workshop. I'm a hobbyist, mostly a hand-tool woodworker with limited space. My current machinery consists of a bandsaw, jointer, planer, and drill press. I use the machines for milling, long rips, and accurate drilling. I everything else by hand: all cross-cutting, joinery, smoothing, detailing, etc. I have no interest in employing a machine for any of this "fun stuff", with the exception of possibly big crosscuts / breakdown. I'm a pretty good sawyer and currently do all of my crosscuts with a hand saw, but it's been getting tiresome. The time it takes to accurately mark and knife-wall the piece and the effort of executing the cut. It's fine for small pieces, but I recently finished my workbench and crosscut ~200 board feet to length by hand and I was constantly thinking "this would be a hell of a lot easier with a machine". Correcting small endgrain inaccuracies is also tedious so there's the appeal of the perfectly straight edge that the circular blade leaves.

My other constraint is space: my workshop must fit in a 10x20 space that already contains the above machines, workbench, dust collector, and storage.

I'm considering adding a circular saw of some kind: either a table saw, a track saw + MFT, or miter saw. Mostly for straight (non-angled) crosscuts and rips where the bandsaw would be inappropriate/ Again I don't intend to use this machine for joinery cuts or miters, which seems to eliminate most of the advantages of a table saw.

I also care very much about end-to-end speed: a machine is not much use to me if its setup time is so long that I can execute the cut faster by hand.

Given my situation, what would you suggest? I have zero experience with any of these machines. I'm leaning towards a track saw for the versatility, space, and price. Also the ability to bring the tool to the piece. A table saw seems overkill, but perhaps I'm missing some applications for my situation. A miter saw seems much less versatile than a track saw: I couldn't, for example, cut the ends of my workbench's slab top to length on a miter saw. I'm also open to the "suck it up" suggestion: that none of these are going to be as fast as a competent hand-sawyer for one-off pieces.

Thanks,
Jordan