I recently picked up a MiniMax MM16 bandsaw. I hope I got a decent deal on it. I bought it without having the chance see it run. It was in a barn with no power, and it didn't have a chord. I had already made a deal on a Delta 14" bandsaw that looked brand new, when I saw the MiniMax mostly buried in back of the barn. The owner wouldn't dig it out unless I paid first, so I took the gamble.

This is the first resaw capable bandsaw I've ever owned, so I'm learning and figuring as I go here. The obvious big issues are; 1- The bottom tire is gone, and 2- The thrust bearings are fried. The bottom bearing was VERY fried with grooves cut into it. The smaller issues include, whatever the part is that keeps sawdust from going down into the base of the saw, where a dust collector can't get it out, is missing. Also, at some point, something fell onto the top of the saw and broke the plastic hinges that hold the upper door.

I've found replacement thrust bearings from SpaceAge Ceramics. They seem like the most inexpensive way to get this saw up and going, but don't know if I should consider doing a full guide replacement.

I haven't tried calling around looking for direct replacement tires yet, but from what I've seen in posts on this forum, it seems they be difficult to get in a timely manner. I've seen some discussion of filling the grooves in the wheels and running standard tires, also, since I'm planning on using this saw exclusively for resawing, with 1" blades, maybe filling the groove isnt even necessary? An OEM tire seems the way to go, but open to ideas.

I found OEM hinges for the top door on Amazon of all places.

Since this saw is long out of production, I'm assuming the sawdust diverter isn't available, but honestly I haven't looked yet. I'm thinking this is something I can probably make. If someone could post a picture that part of their saw, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing up and going.