Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
I think he is saying he was in very good shape and it saved his life and not the first time ive heard that before. So used to seat belts not sure I could drive without one. Truck is old so only has a lap belt.

Someone above said they put 16 footers in their pick up. How do you do that. Ive put 14-16 foot mahogany in the wally wagon and it works well just take the passenger seat out. The pickup would not be legal as the only way you could do it that I see is putting it in the sliding window which ive done once and told it was illegal, more so even if it was done it would extend way past the top of the tailgate.
There is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration which is mostly about commercial vehicles.

What is legal or not concerning vehicles is mostly regulated individually in each state. There are a few states where tarping a load isn't required. Some states are more aggressive in enforcing this. Fines for noncompliance may vary from nothing to very expensive.

Again the FMCSA has regulations for commercial carriers.

How much a load can extend out the back of a vehicle or beyond the front or sides for noncommercial vehicles is another vehicle coade regulated state by state > https://motorandwheels.com/truck-sti...aws-per-state/

jtk