Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Dodds View Post
Hi Julie, hope you're enjoying that nice tablesaw!
Just a couple of questions, if you don't mind. When you pull the sliding table all the way out to the front of the saw, is there any noticeable side to side play in it?
Also, if you remove the miter fence from the sliding table, when you re-install the fence does it reference itself perfectly back to 90 degrees, or do you have to play with it a bit?

I haven't noticed any play at all in the sliding table. It's pretty rock solid.

As for installing and removing the slider fence, once it's locked to the miter base, it's been square every time I've checked it. My only issue with the fence is the way it's secured to the base. They provide square head nuts for the track slot on the fence and Allen screws to secure the fence to the base. The square nuts are small enough that they occasionally get jammed in the slot. I sent this info to Harvey to let them know:

As for the sliding table fence issue, my setup measurements:
Slot on fence - 12.05mm high x 5.04mm wide
Square nuts - 9.7mm high x 4.92mm wide.
Measurement at the widest point of the square nut = 12.7mm

There's too much slop there. They said they would look into it. I sent them that info on June 23, 2021 but haven't heard anything back from them since.

What I did was find some 1/4-20 nuts that fit in the slot and drilled out the miter base holes to accommodate 1/4-20 screws. That works just fine for now, except the part of aligning the hex nuts in the slot when putting the fence on. Also, I install and remove the slider fence a lot and looking for a tool every time I do is getting to me. What I'm working on now is replacing the nuts in the slot with T-bolts (the heads will have to be ground down to fit the slot) and using cam handles on the other end.

I've made some other convenience modifications that I'll post later. Gotta take some pictures first.