I went down to my local wood place this morning, 45 minute drive each way so not really local but its the closest, I decided I was going to build a saw sled this 3 day weekend. I got 5x5 3/4" Baltic birch, t-tracks, t-track top, flip stops and as I was paying for it all, I joked next thing I wanted was a Festool Kapex. I have gone several decades with a RIGID sliding chop saw that is +/- a few degrees on every stop and not very repeatable so I just use it for construction work where its "close enough". Well the lady behind the counter said "We have one Kapex left, won't be getting any more for a few months". I walked out with a Kapex (the new improved one) but on the way home, I started thinking. The Kapex can do all the different angles accurately and more importantly cut 90degree on the smaller pieces, why do I need to built a sled ? I was building a sled to cut ends at 90degree since the SawStop mitre gauge is junk, but also just to have something that is for sure 90degrees, I can do that with a Osborne mitre gauge.

If you had a Kapex would you still build a sled for your table saw ?