I plan to purchase and or build my first dust collection system to be used in a 500 SF detached garage that has no air conditioning or heating.
My initial plan is to:
· Build a 2-stage system
· Spend $500-700 on the main system (motor/impeller & cyclone)
· DC will be in a separate side room in the garage
· Vent to the outside
· Wall-mount the system
· Use the DC on one machine / tool at a time
· Longest run will be about 15’ hard pipe + 8’ of flex
· Wiring: I can either use an existing dedicated 20 amp line or I can run a dedicated 220 if necessary

I would like to just purchase a good motor/impeller assembly and add a cyclone (possibly Oneida Super Dust Deputy). I have called Jet, Grizzly, … to see if I can just buy the motor/impeller assembly but that is not an option.

Currently I am watching for used DC’s thinking I can get a better system for lower cost. If I buy a new or used complete system I will be reselling the bags and mobile cart to try to recoup some of the costs. If I built an upgraded 2-stage Harbor Freight system (Rikon impeller, larger port and Oneida Super Dust Deputy), the overall costs (approx.. $500) start to get into the range of other brand name DC systems.

Question:
Given the plan above, how does that influence which DC system I should look at / consider other than the fact that I will not be using the bags/canister/cart portion of the DC system?

I welcome any suggestions as I plan this build.
Thank you