For the record, I do shop online frequently. I am an Amazon Prime member and buy a lot of things for my wife, I and our family online. I have bought a lot of shop essentials, glue, sandpaper, etc. on line. Tools, however, I prefer to see if for no other reason than how they might fit my hands in the case of hand tools ( I am a big guy and have very large hands((think XXXLarge gloves))). For power tools I prefer to see them so I can look for what I would consider design "flaws" that might make them unhandy for my intended use and style of use. As far as power tools, I actually ordered a new CMS from Amazon, but the model they advertised was a different version than what they delivered. While the return process is easy, it's a pain just to have to do it. If I could have seen that it was the newer version I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

BTW as stated earlier, buying online isn't always the cheapest or best deal for a given product. The same can be true about buying something at Costco though it took me a while to prove this to SWMBO.