New Rikon impeller installed! In my HF DC system!

stats:

My Altitude 1970 feet above Mean Sea level.
temapture 71 degrees.

HF impeller 10.0 inches in Diameter
Rikon 11 7/8 inches in Diameter

Vertical blade height both HF and Rikon 3 3/8

IMG_0144.jpg

weight: HF 4.6 lbs.
Rikon 7.0 lbs

see previous post from me on difference's of my system compared to a stock HF single stage D.C.

With the new impeller installed:

Water Colum is how I measured the performance. Note WC is with my current 5 inch ducting with one blast gate open.
Currently I have a very short run of 5 HVAC duct 8 feet pretty crude right now. The bends look like 90's here but they are more like two 45's more refinement will come in the ducting for better performance.
Rikon 6.0 inches WC
HF 4.0 inch WC

IMG_0148.jpg

Amp draw:

HF impeller 10.8
Rikon 12.5 after running the D.C. System for 30 minutes the motor was not any warmer than with the HF blower so for me
the HF motor is handling the extra load of the new impeller in spite of the larger mass and the impeller direction.

Over all I am happy! However if I had it to do over knowing what I know now I would spend more money
and have a 3-5 Hp DC system with a two stages and six inch ducting with long sweeps.
I have learned a lot and I have had fun doing it! that is what is important to me.

I started this adventure with a shop vac and a home brew Cyclone that works very well.
IMG_0149.jpg
The original objective was to stop tracking saw dust into the house, and now it has evolved into keeping my health.

One other observation the same as others have noted the sound level with this impeller is slightly louder, I should have taken a DB reading! Oh well, however the audio frequency is different, to me it is slightly a higher frequency.
The the spool down time of the impeller is longer due to the extra mass, who care right?

if you are on a budget and can build this over time I say it is well worth it to follow the path I did.
After all I use one tool at the time like most do. And my Bench dog does not track saw dust into the house.

Scooby my Bench Dog

IMG_1453.jpg
Dang I hate when that happens photo on it's side!