Thread: Used Craftsman 12" band saw model 119 224000. Any experience with it?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Used Craftsman 12" band saw model 119 224000. Any experience with it?

A guy was advertising a 12" Craftsman band saw for $100 so I went to take a look at it. I've been wanting a second band saw in my shop so I can keep my 16" Grizzly as a re-saw machine and not have to change blades constantly. The Craftsman has pretty darned good build quality and I like the fence. We plugged it in and immediately the bottom wheel tire snapped and the motor stalled on the curled up broken tire. When that happened I went to turn the switch off and nothing happened so the guy had to unplug from the wall to stop it. One busted tire and looks like the on/off switch needs to be replaced. The guy says, "Just take it for free..." Who am I to argue? I got the unit home and ordered the tire. Took apart the on/off switch to check connections. Still the switch is no good so I'm ordering a new switch from Sears for $5 and some change. For about $50 with shipping for parts I should have a decent 2nd band saw in the shop. If you have experience with this machine model 119 224000 I'd like to hear what you think of it and what parts are needed in the long run. Thanks!
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 11-21-2017 at 6:33 PM. Reason: fixed the title