Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Marr View Post
Sure. For me though, none of my Festools have exceeded my expectations. That's because my expectations were high...to go along with the price I paid.

That said, some Festools have not met my expectations. The Trion as you mention. The Kapex is very good but I still need to mod the dust extraction a bit (there's a thread on here somewhere about how to fix it). I'm not impressed with the vacuums for the money. I don't see much innovation over a standard vacuum with an after market vacuum switch and HEPA filter. The drills are OK but I have some Dewalt drills and drivers that are better in some ways.

Overall, I like the Festool products and find them well made. But I was expecting that giving the innovation and price.
Think Id have to agree with you on all points made. Ive avoided the Kapex due to the growing number of people reporting motor failure issues. Well that and the fact that I cant figure out how to justify the cost of it over the other leader miter saws. And yes the vacuums are nice, but if youre working in a garage/shop where you dont need a "quieter", HEPA filtered, tool powering vacuum, a good shop-vac style vacuum can handle most vacuuming duties. Its just very convenient to have the Festool vac if you already have their other tools. And the drills, well yea Ive skipped over all Festool cordless tools. No need for them. Cant stand that proprietary bit holding thing they use on their drills. Why they wont make a head that takes standard 1/4" bits eludes me. Theyd sell more drills and make money off the accessory. My 18V LiIon and 12V LiIon DeWalts have never been anything short of awesome. Never felt a need to make the jump. Especially since I can own three DeWalt drills for the price of one Festool.