Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
Ok, so I opened up my thimblefull's worth of black.... not kidding, after much shaking I emptied the contents into the lid, and it barely half-filled it. I then poured it back, then I added a equal amount of DNA, then a slightly less than equal amount, so the resulting mix I would estimate at 1.8:1.

I opened a new 3/8" wide soft bristle artists fan brush, which is perfect for coating small areas with Cermark.

As everyone else noted, too thin. And simply put, you can't brush this stuff...

From opening it the day before, some residue was left behind on the lid and bottle. Some of this powder ended up on my black work table. It's pure white, and feels every bit like talcum powder. Might be some plaster of paris involved, not sure. But you can't brush it, because it refuses to flow out, even water-thin. It just 'bunches up' around the brush bristles, and attempting to even it out, the brush acts more like a squeegee, makes it worse. I managed to get 2 coats on a small cowbell, which will be my 'acid test', because only my 80 watt Triumph will reliable fuse Cermark to these bells, my 40 and 30 watt Synrad lasers won't. I'll be testing it later today once I get another job out of the way. I'm also going to test it on some stainless with the Triumph. If it works well on either, I can deal with spraying the stuff if necessary.

We shall see

>edit - the MFR won't like to hear this, but at the rate of DNA mix to make this work, which is 2:1 or less, this stuff will cost MORE per use than Cermark...
I think they shot themselves in the foot by giving out so little for testing. Especially when you consider the Preval sprayer they included - there's not enough in the sample bottles to use with the sprayer... smh