Doing PEX home runs in this old two story. Shut off water in basement and at the meter in backyard. Opened taps and drained water through a low tap in the basement and proceeded with hooking up the previously run PEX lines. Hot water lines first, I cut the main trunk in the powder room ceiling and made all the connections. Cut the cold water trunk and a steady flow of water ensued. After emptying a 5 gallon bucket twice I temporarily routed the stream outside. I guess the flow at 2 to 3 gallons an hour. It showed no sign of decreasing. With no water we go to a motel and hope it's stopped by this morning. But it's not and seems about the same rate. I need to say this is at a high point except for the bathroom fixtures immediately above the cut. And ZERO water has gone through the main water meter in the 20 hours it's been shut off. No water was coming from taps that were opened while or just after draining. Where the heck is this water coming from?????? I know you can't answer not being here but I'm finding this curiouser and curiouser😳
The only solution I see to be able to continue is to use a SharkBite connection as I can't use a sweat as planned. But this will be in an enclosed ceiling location. Are Sharkbite connectors dependable enough for such an application?