so here is where we are now. 2 coats of Osmo Polyx on the bottom and now 2 coats on the top. once i got going i modified the application procedure a bit - the main thing is to NOT OVERAPPLY. that was mentioned by Mr.Joe Adams here in Sawmill Creek as well as by 2 other cheerleaders of the stuff i found online.

my biggest issue is i am applying this to SLABZILLA. its one thing to apply this finish to a floor or any typical piece of furniture where the wood is fairly uniform, but a slab this size - 8.5 feet by 4 feet - of pecan especially has at least 4 very different densities of wood (core heartwood, heartwood/sapwood transition, sapwood, and spalted sapwood) and as it is pecan it also has a lot of twisty grain. even though it is kiln-dried - again - a slab this size is still not static, especially since i have no choice but to do the work outside under a canopy, and a slab this size can really never be truly "pool table" flat. far far far from one homogeneous surface to work with, presenting a major challenge for a rookie to this finish - and add to that the fact i have casting resin in voids and a large knothole, with river rock added as you can see

remember the size as described above - the "pano" setting on my iphone 7 camera and the camera angle distorts the shape a bit. its the same slab in both pics

i am thinking a light sanding at the same final 150 grit tomorrow, a last coat, then done. let it cure a week at least then a paste wax for a final satin surface........comments welcome. i can show bottom work later - i added 7 splines to support the slab as the axis crack is/was something to deal with. i also learned i suck at bow ties. i do not like the templates and prefer the hand made look - just wish they didnt look hand made by a 3rd grade kid...lol

slab2.jpgslab1.jpg