Thread: My new aqusition: The 1929 Oliver 88D Table saw with slider & consentric wheel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new aqusition: The 1929 Oliver 88D Table saw with slider & consentric wheel

I have been corresponding with the owner of this 1929 Oliver 88D Concentric wheels adjustment and the sliding table. When I got there to look her over I was impressed with the excellent condition of the table and the functions. She's going to get the bath, as soon as I finish the 1927 American 16"buzz jointer and the 1934 117A band saw.

Just glad to get her home, Dave was a decent guy, had a 24" Porter jointer, 36" American WWM bandsaw and a 36" Tannawitz , also bunch of other machinery. He hated to let her go and I could tell but he is trying to get some funds together for a patent device... what it is... he couldn't say. I promised to stay in touch with him and also the updates of the 88 restoration when ever I get to her...

She's a beauty and a beast.... weighs in at a little over a ton......just glad it's over and in my garage resting untill I can get to the restoration.... working on an American 16" #1 "Buzz" jointer.....

These are the original pictures taken by the owner (Dave) of the 88D

B,
    Attached Images Attached Images