Thread: For Owners of Delta Hybrid Saws w/Jessem Mastr-Slide

For Owners of Delta Hybrid Saws w/Jessem Mastr-Slide

We had to remove the left side cast iron table to mount the sliding table, and in the process, lost a good amount of weight.

I have my section leaning against the wall, collecting dust. Everytime I see it, I think about how nice it would be to have that weight back on the table and no longer taking up wall/floor space.

Did you mount that table top section somewhere on the saw so as not to lose that weight (for vibration reduction) ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Shields View Post
    We had to remove the left side cast iron table to mount the sliding table, and in the process, lost a good amount of weight.

I have my section leaning against the wall, collecting dust. Everytime I see it, I think about how nice it would be to have that weight back on the table and no longer taking up wall/floor space.

Did you mount that table top section somewhere on the saw so as not to lose that weight (for vibration reduction) ?

Thanks.
    I have my Jessem on a Delta contractor's saw. however, I never had the cast iron wings, so I did not notice a difference.

It is affecting your work? Mine seems to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnstone View Post
    It is affecting your work? Mine seems to be fine.
    Probably not. I just thought it would be great to put that heavy metal to use, instead of sitting on the floor.

Why not mount it on the right hand side. Thats what I did with my saw. Not a delta hybrid though.

~mark

Lightbulb My Solution

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    Why not mount it on the right hand side. Thats what I did with my saw. Not a delta hybrid though.

~mark
    Mike,

I'll be doing the same as Mark with my Craftsman 22124 hybrid. Ready to purchas and install on the left the Bench Dog Promax 40-031 CI table with the 40-017 aluminum Pro Plate for my 3 1\2hp router. The displaced left wing I'll install where the Biesemeyer laminate table is, next to the right wing. I'll end up with a better balanced and heavier cabinet saw w\60" of CI top!!

Ted
    Professional Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    ~mark
    You gotta be kidding? That would make too much sense. Never,ever considered that!

May have been because of the extension table, just never considered it.

I'm not at the saw, so the only question would be is if that cast iron piece has pre-drilled holes to allow mounting that way.

Thanks for the obvious.