Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: True Confessions

Welcome back. Seems like a growth experience and you deserve to get back!!

Blog Entries

more important then SMC

I hope the moderators let you back in under your own name. Regardless of the TOS the fact that you came clean should count for a lot.

More important then your status at SMC is that it sounds like you're working hard on dealing with your accident. 10 or 20 years from now I doubt anyone will remember a couple of post on a message board but you will remember the relationships you have formed, here or anywhere else.

As another new Creeker, I have no prior "David Baggage".

I can't condone the YM deception (but I did enjoy the image I had of Yoshikuni!), but I can add an "outsiders" perspective. I've joined and made a small donation to SMC for two reasons:

1) Great information is shared here
    2) This forum is uniquely charactized by a very positive, caring attituded

The second item is more important than the first. This is the ONLY public online forum I have ever joined, much less donated to. (By the way, my day job for the past 20+ years has kept me online - well, as long as there has been an "online" anyway).

David, I'm not sure your approach was the best approach, but you have demonstrated that you have much to share with the community. I have learned from many of your posts and have enjoyed the humor you bring.

I believe that it would be in keeping with the spirit of SMC (the same spirit that I believe draws many here), to reinstate your account.

You are to be commended not only for having the courage and committment to change, but for being open and honest about it as well.

Good luck and I hope to see many more posts from Masacristoforo!

Man I hate to see Yoshi go though! I had this Yoda like image of the master woodworker quietly giving and advice and encouragment...

"... I'm not sure your approach was the best approach..."

Well, I'm not sure either, Roger. I have always held the belief that if something does not "feel right", it probably isn't. Continuing to post under a false identity did not feel right. I decided that it would be better to try and correct this. I don't want to get carried away with this whole thing. It's not like I committed a heinous crime or anything. But I know I offended some people and that it was unfair of me to take my anger out on them.

"Masacristoforo"

Obviously the management approves of your deception and "coming out", the fact is you are still posting and that is an answer in and of itself. Any other poster caught with an alias no matter how innocent has been terminated post haste.

From now on you will be a Japanese WW with an real Eytalion name. Tough on the kids though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dauphinee View Post
    Obviously the management approves of your deception and "coming out", the fact is you are still posting and that is an answer in and of itself. Any other poster caught with an alias no matter how innocent has been terminated post haste.

From now on you will be a Japanese WW with an real Eytalion name. Tough on the kids though I guess.
    Personally, I don't think it's the deception that the management approves of. Rather, I think it is the humility displayed by Mr. "Masacristoforo" and the courage that he has exhibited in coming forth with the truth that the management respects and has allowed him to remain a part of this group thus far.

I forgive him for his deception and commend him for "coming clean" with everyone on this wonderful forum. Furthermore, I wish God's blessings on him as he heals physically, emotionally and spiritually. It would appear that he is well on his way!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

So...are you related to R.J. DeCristoforo? (He is one of my favorite woodworking writers.)

"So...are you related to R.J. DeCristoforo?"

Romeokuni? Yeah, he was my old man.

They have been others that have been removed and then reappeared under a different name. And they have succeeded without apparent detection.

Not that anyone has asked me, but I would support your reinstatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikuni Masato View Post
    "So...are you related to R.J. DeCristoforo?"

Romeokuni? Yeah, he was my old man.
    The R.J. DeCristoforo???

If so, that's really cool. Your Dad was a real inspiration to my late father, and to me. He had some great ideas and techniques in his books.

Sounds to me that you went through some difficult times, suffered a serious and permanent set back, went through a difficult period with your own internal pain and anger about it all, and have managed to work it all out by yourself. And you did this in about the most creative way I have seen.

I for one think it's pretty cool.
    KUDOS~!!!

I mean it~!!
    KUDOS~!!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-08-2008 at 1:36 PM.

Well.......

ping pong.gif

Davids account has been reinstated. All posts by Yoshikuni Masato have been merged back into Davids account and user name. The username Yoshikuni Masato has been deleted.

David, based on the response from our Commnity you have been given a second chance by your peers.

This thread is now closed.