Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True Confessions

As a newbie I don't know spit from shinola, but Yoshi is/was still David posting.
    Everyone has bad times in their life, some longer than others.
    Life is too short to not forgive an internet interaction that was negative.

FREE DAVID
    FREE DAVID
    FREE DAVID
    FREE DAVID

RCR
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 04-05-2008 at 2:31 PM. Reason: language correction. :-)

YoshiDavid,

Without my better half, I wouldn't be half as good as I am and I could always do better. Three cheers for your about-face. Redemption is the one thing about life, that is the most amirable. Kiss your wife for all of us and welcome back.

"Kiss your wife for all of us..."

Well... OK... but she's gonna want to know why I'm kissing her so much!

Daviforo Yoshimato

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ocel View Post
    David - I say you can come back, but only as Yoshikuni. I can't spell DeCristoforo.
    Now that's funny right there.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikuni Masato View Post

Daviforo Yoshimato

Come on David....just DO IT!!!! She'll love ya for it.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshikuni Masato View Post

Daviforo Yoshimato
    Hey! Its good advice. One thing might just lead to another...

Quote Originally Posted by John Dorough View Post
    David,

Welcome back. I echo the comments of many others and appreciate your honesty and integrity.

I also would like to praise and commend your wife. Proverbs 31 says, in part:

An excellent wife, who can find?
    For her worth is far above jewels.
    The heart of her husband trusts in her,
    And he will have no lack of gain.
    She does him good and not evil
    All the days of her life.

Reading between the lines, it would appear that your wife has been a faithful and true friend through what have probably been extremely difficult times for each of you. Although I do not know her name, I lift a prayer of thanksgiving for her and a prayer for continued healing and restoration (physical, emotional and spiritual) for you.

With kindest regards,

John

AMEN! I agree with John 100%. I also believe in forgiveness and healing. God's blessings on you and your wife. My hat's off to you for "confessing". The "RIGHT thing for all of us to do is to forgive. For those of us who are Christians, the Bible tells us that when God forgives us of our sins, He remembers them no more. That is what we, too, should strive for.

Personally, I've enjoyed your informative and courteous posts, regardless of what your name is.

Best Wishes and a Big Tip of the Hat to you and your wife!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

"One thing might just lead to another..."

"...just DO IT!!!! She'll love ya for it..."

Alright, alright already. Like they say, it's a tough job but I guess somebody has to do it..... (remainder of reply deleted due to unsuitability for public display... sorry guys!)

Davasato DeYoshiforuni

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I suggest the name for the "Yoshikuni Masato account be changed to "David DeCristoforo 2". Lets keep the older posts separate from the new man.
    David, I agree with the others, it takes a special kind of guy to come clean in front of his peers. I'm thrilled that you found your way back. I know that there are others here who post under assumed names. Possibly some with permission from Keith because of their jobs in real life. But for thoses that do it just to see if it can be done, I hope your revelation will spur them into doing the right thing too.
    WELCOME BACK, David!!!!
    Jim.
    I disagree. While I know we are only discussing this and have no real say....I will share a thought.
    The name and all it's posts were a deception and in any consistency of rules should be banned. However, David should be able to join as himself and post freely. There should be no "Reward" of keeping posts counts because he deceived us and then came clean. All things have consequences.

Bravo for the confession and repentance. Bravo for a for that does what it say it will do. To deviate on this is just wrong IMO and waters down the integrity of SMC. Extending grace by allowing David to register as himself should be sufficient.

David, thank you for doing the right thing. You will be a better man for it.

Mike, I'm not concerned about "post count" and I do not expect any "reward". Being allowed to post under my real name would be more than satisfying. Personally, while I am happy to have received such a positive response to this situation, I am very surprised that more of you were not completely offended by the whole thing. There are many here, it would seem, who are far more forgiving than I might have been myself. So all of the kind and understanding comments that have come my way since I posted this have been far more humbling than I could have imagined. There are many good souls here.....

DYDM

It is good that David/Yoshi is not concerned about post counts. I looked in the Member List and David DeCristoforo does not appear. So hopefully the mods will see fit to restore David's ability to sign in under his real name.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Well, I'm a bit late to the party. However, I do hope the mods allow David back under his real name. Kudos and Godspeed to you David. Your admission was a classy thing to do.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Dave, former members who have been made guests don't show up. You can use the Google search to a post by a former member, and then from there you can get to their profile and search their past posts.

Yoshikuni/David, I'm not sure what David did to achieve guest status--I looked through a number of your old posts and everything that's left looks normal to me--so there must have been some nasty ones that were moderated away. But in what I read, I didn't really even see any hints at something awry and I saw many helpful posts. My personal opinion, not that it means anything, is that you should be allowed to rejoin with the understanding that if you can't abide by the community's standards, you are gone for good. I'd say the same for just about any former member. That said, if the powers that be are still mad about whatever you did to be guested, I think they have that right, especially since you did break the rules by posting under an assumed name. Probably the right way for someone to handle it in the future would be to approach Keith or one of the moderators.

At this point, if it were possible, I'd say that all your posts should be merged under your real name. I don't see it as some kind of reward/punishment thing and I think merging the two would allow someone to see the whole of your postings.

Oh, and where in the heck did you come up with your alias?

"I'm not sure what David did to achieve guest status..."

Who? Me? I didn't do nothin'... Honest!

"Oh, and where in the heck did you come up with your alias?"

Yoshikuni was the name of a Japanese kid who lived next door to us for a while. He was at our house one Thanksgiving, knoshing on a turkey leg when his dad came looking for him. His dad almost had a heart attack when he saw the kid with the turkey leg and ordered him home. He never came back and I never forgot the name. Masato was the name of a guy in Japan who I traded with years ago for most of my Japanese hand tools.

Whatevermy Nameis

David you do great work, good.We dont get paid enough doing this. It takes some brains an creativity.That I didnt respect until about 2 yrs ago. Congrats on your talent.
    Thanks for your help.