Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to do in Florida?

Blog Entries
    Kyle
    Don't take Cliff seriously! If you look at too many girls, you might have a long walk home to IN. Just kidding.....looking is free!

Haha, I'll be careful

Things to do in Florida?
    Defrosting?
    Use the fence Luke

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dave Verstraete View Post
    Kyle
    Don't take Cliff seriously! If you look at too many girls, you might have a long walk home to IN. Just kidding.....looking is free!
    Well, there's looking and gawking.

But when you are on a beach and they are EVERYWHERE
    Ya don't even have to turn your head.

Did anyone mention Florida Craftsmen? If not take in there Gallery Store. It's right there in St Pete.

http://www.floridacraftsmen.net/store/store.html

Earl
    Furniture...the Art of a FurnitureMaker.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    If you are going to be down there during the shuttle launch, I highly, highly, highly recommend getting as close as you can. Its an awesome sight in the true sense of the word. I've seen one from 6 miles-ish or however close it is they get you at the military base south of the launch pads, and I've see one from Orlando. Both were something I wouldn't miss, but the one close was incredible. Pre-9/11 the tours were great too, but when we went last year, we didn't get to see much, but then again the shuttle was sitting on the launch pad for a launch the following night so that might be part of the deal there. The first time was the morning after the launch.
    I highly, highly, recommend visiting Kennedy as well. The tickets are cheaper than Disney, and they let you come back a second day on the same ticket! (need to get it validated by the security guard as you leave on day 1.)

I'm not sure what Matt is referring to. I went to Kennedy in March 1997, and again in Dec 2007, and IMHO the tour is even better now. There are even more things to do there now. We spent 1 and 1/2 days there, which is what it took for us to see everything. Also, the shuttle was on the launchpad the day we visited also, and the tours were running just fine. We were there on Dec 5 and Dec 6 -- Dec 6 was when Atlantis was supposed to get launched, but that mission was scrubbed and didn't get off until February. Our kids were a bit disappointed!

Enjoy the state!
    ...art
    "It's Not About You."

Go over to the Florida Aquarium. It's a great 1/2 day trip. The Yankees are doing spring training now so you could catch a pre-season game. The beach at Ft. Desoto park is pretty nice. Lots of eye candy and some good fishing too.

If you want to do some serious inshore fishing, I know a few guides that work the area.
    Doyle